5/26/2010

DIAMOND HEAD CRITIQUE


CRITIQUE AT 1//2 WAY POINT


When I paint, people critique. You don't have to ask them to do this. This is just part of painting outside.
Here in O'ahu most landscape painters will eventually paint Diamond Head. Some seem to paint it once a week. I paint it often and evidently incorrectly. It is the MOST critiqued part of my paintings.
There is always a local Hawaiian giving me the scoop on the accurate slope of Diamond Head.
I corrected the slope in this painting, and would like to thank all those experts out there that allow me to move mountains at their beck and call. Keep the critiques, coca-colas and nabs coming.

I think if I actually hiked the mountain I'd KNOW the slope. If I had to give advice on Painting a subject, I'd say KNOW the SUBJECT very very well. Touch it, smell it, walk it, love it.

BY THE WAY --THAT IS DIAMOND HEAD IN THE BACKGROUND- THAT LITTLE PURPLE
TRIANGLE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mahalo for leaving a comment.